Migrate from Agantty to JIRA

Ferenc Torok April 20, 2022

Hi all,

I'm coming from Agantty.com, they decided to make their product not free anymore from the next month. I've use them in the last 2years.

I looked for alternatives and found JIRA.

I don't mind to support them (as I did with many product) but looks like Jira a bit more modern, has more functions.

Just wondering if it's any way to migrate my projects (100+) from Agantty to JIRA?

They have API too, to pull the data.

Thank you.

Ferenc

1 comment

Comment

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

Hello @Ferenc Torok 

Welcome to the community.

I did a quick search but did not find any prebuilt tools that would manage a migration of data from Agantty to Jira.

I've never worked with Agantty before so I can't speak to any specifics that compate the functionality or architecture of the two tools.

Jira does have a REST API that can be used to create some data. You can find that documentation by searching the internet for "jira cloud rest api". They also support importing some issue data from a CSV file (and a few other formats). 

There will simply be a lot for you to do to research the differences in architecture, set up Jira to receive the migrated data, extract the data from Agantty, and get it into Jira.

Ferenc Torok April 21, 2022

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for you answer.

I found a way to export projects to CSV and use them in JIRA's import wizard.

Unfortunately, I have to export them 1 by 1. :)

Will be fun...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events