Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Issues Status Validator (JMWE app) for stopping status movement

Tyas Iglecias January 21, 2021

HI Guys,

I have Problem about validation JMWE,

I have 2 Issuetype A and B
I used Issue link type "Related to" for integrate issuetype

logic condition is True : if A  status "done" than B can move "open" to "Inprogress"

I set validation used "Linked Issues Status Validator (JMWE app)" False : if  A status not " done" than B message will be displayed if validation fails: Please Complete A

It's solved by JMWE

the problem

1. issue in jmwe have 2 type link " Relates to" what the difference?
2. I try used first "reletes to", If I link issue B to Issue A (the logic true), the logic work well status issue B can move to  "in progress"
if I link issue A to Issue B (the logic true), than B message will be displayed if validation fails: "Please Complete A" and status can't move to "in progress". Why is this happening?
Relates to.jpg

1 comment

Comment

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Tyas Iglecias 

1. the two "relates to" are two different link type directions. I would strongly recommend renaming one direction on the "Issue Linking" Jira admin page. I personally use "is related to" for one direction. Why? This way, you'll be able to recognize the direction of the link from issue A to issue B
  2. again, link types are directional, so you need to select the right direction. Once you solve (1), you'll be able to solve (2)
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events