Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Scheduling via. ScriptRunner plugin.

Suchita Kumari May 6, 2019

Have any one used ScriptRunner plugin for cloud to schedule a job to external system?

1 comment

Comment

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2019

Hi Suchita,

I can confirm that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud is able to execute code on a scheduled period using the Scheduled Jobs functionality described here.

ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud is able to execute rest calls to third-party rest API's and that the simplest way to test executing these calls would be to use the Script Console as described on the documentation page here which also contains some simple examples of how to execute rest API calls.

I can also advise that the the Post to HipChat On Version Release example Script Listener located here provides an example of how to call an external Rest API from ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud and can be used as an example to create the script that you require.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Like Suchita Kumari likes this
Suchita Kumari May 8, 2019

Thanks for your feedback Kristine,, Can you answer me one more thing.. Can I schedule JQL and the filter result will be FTP to external server location?

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2019

Hi Suchita,

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm that scheduled Jobs can be scheduled to run on at a set time and to run JQL in your code by calling the Search Rest API provided by Atlassian which is documented here.

You can then iterate over each issue provided by the result of the JQL search in order to perform the action that you need such as to send data to an external server using the Rest API's provided by the external server.

I can confirm that the Store Subtask Estimates in Parent issue on Issue events example located inside of the documentation located here provides an example of how to run a JQL search in your code and can be used as a reference to help create the script that you require.

Regards,

Kristian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events