Jira

crazy life April 4, 2023

My team has business questions on user stories from the current sprint. So which ceremony should they discuss there queries ? Backlog meeting? Or DSU? What should be the process? 

1 comment

Comment

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hello @crazy life ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

So, when creating the idea of User Stories, Ron Jeffries outlined the three parts of good User Stories.  These parts came to be known as the "3 C's".  

The 3 C's are:

• Card - The basic description should fit on a 3"x5" index card (or sticky note).  This is why the user-voice form ("As a...I want...So that") is almost universally accepted as the default way of writing a User Story since it keeps to this part.
  • Conversation - (This is what you have questions on) Details on the User Story come from dialogues with the Product Owner or customer.
  • Confirmation - The User Story should contain Acceptance Criteria to verify correct behavior and to serve as a determination that work on the User Story is complete.

Now as far as when the Conversation should occur, I say anytime.  The conversations may begin during Backlog Refinement when preparing for the upcoming sprint.  They may continue during Sprint Planning for the current sprint.  Other opportunities can occur in the "meet-after" period of the DSU after everyone has outlined their daily plan.

Or it doesn't have to happen during these events.  Feel free to set up ad-hoc meetings with your Product Owner or customer to get these questions answered.  It's more important to have these conversations than worry about when they should happen.

Hope this helps.

Like crazy life likes this
crazy life April 4, 2023

Thank you. This helps. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events