Jira issues export for summary and analyze

Chris Lee February 26, 2020

Hello,

I have a need to export issues/tickets registered in Jira in order to make analysis. Until now, I have made .csv exports to excel which requires a lot of manual work overall. As our issue/ticket rate will grow rapidly (approx. 700 issues/tickets in a week), manual exporting will not be sustainable.

Currently I only have an idea what I would want but I do not know, where this exporting should be done (Confluence is also in use, so that's one option) and is it even possible - that is the reason I have turned to this community for some recommendations and insight but before I clarify the idea a bit:

Issues/tickets have many fields that are filled but mainly I would need to use specific ones in order to categorize:

Category - Business, Development, Service Desk

Component - Hardware, Software, Customer Service, Operator, Maintenance etc.

Product Category - type of specific product (for example Product X, Product Y)

Labels - to define more specific category which the issue is related to (usually some part name etc.)

Idea would be that there would be automatic exports (either one button to press or scheduled exports) and only Hardware and Software issues will be exported from Jira to one place. Issue rows would be exported but with selected fields/columns, not all that exist.

So lets say that all Service desk category Product X hardware and software component issues would be exported as a table to selected Confluence page (or elsewhere?) with no manual work. Also when the export is done, I would like to see a summary similar to pivot table which would show the share of Hardware and Software but also under Hardware for example, I could see which labels have used the most in Hardware component in numbers.

Lets say that all this is possible and done - then this table also needs one or two extra columns at the end for follow-up actions and notes.

To also note, if new period export will be done, the older ones would still remain at the same table below.

Hopefully You understand but I'm happy to clarify more. Will be looking for Your insight.

Chris

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events