Jira admins, what for scripts you use?

Domagoj Zecevic February 27, 2018

Hi All

Lets exchange some usfull stuf. In managing Jira what for scripts do you use? Did you write some, or just what is avaliable in GUI?

I have writen some i python and use to make my life simpler

• add_users --> import users from CSV and assign them to groups
    • i receive lots of requests to add users, so this is easier to me
  • add_users_to_group --> from csv add existing users to group
  • check_project_rolles --> inside one company there is strict pollcy not to add any users to roles, just user groups, scripts that goes througt all projects and writes if there are more then 1 actor in rolle
  • finish_project_setup --> when i create project, groups has to be assigned to rolles, script creates rolles, and assigns them to project
  • get_role_actors --> looks in some project, in some rolle and writes out actors, written because of those rule no users assigned to project, and there was around 400 users in rolle, i was lazy to click and copy/paste them.

Anyone using something else?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2018

Imports, merges, reporting, automation, housekeeping, and lots of other stuff clients sometimes ask for.  I do it all inside Jira with ScriptRunner most of the time.

Domagoj Zecevic February 28, 2018

For this i think i deserve beer service at next Atlassian Bash :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events