Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Projects and Teams

ADEEL AHMED April 26, 2023

I need a input from the community authors and atlassian folks that how you managed two teams if you are working as a scrum master. I will give you the scenario.

Team A and Team B .

Team A have 5 members some are seniors from me in terms of technical background.

Team B is fine but those are juniors with very little knowledge of scrum and agile methodology.

I am a scrum master , How do I manage both, seniors thought their old school of thoughts (waterfall model) is more efficient and try not to listen me, while juniors never heard about scrum framework. 

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You've basically defined the job that a Scrum Master is volunteering for when they choose to be one.  We have to explain to seniors that being Agile means getting things done and delivered, unlike waterfall, and we have to explain to juniors how to do so.

Your seniors and juniors sounds like a relatively uncomplicated scenario though, I'm used to having to deal with a much broader range of people - I'd throw in seniors who have "got" agile, juniors who have not, and a swathe of people with other shaped profiles.

As a Scrum master, there's no single approach to all the people you're going to encounter.  Everyone is different.  The best thing I can tell you to do is listen to them.  For those who think waterfall methods work, listen to why they think that, and explain that Agile methodologies actually deliver things for the end users faster and hence more usefully.  Listen to how your non-agile people are not thinking agile and patch it up for them.  Don't dictate, don't idolise the the methods, just ask why people are not doing it or understanding the value.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events