Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio Upgrade through "Manage Apps" page

Filippo Amicone
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2019

Hello All,

I would really appreciate your support for the following topic.

I need to upgrade current Jira Portfolio version (2.18.0) to version 3.0.0 in a "server" Jira Software instance (version 7.12.3), and I'd like to execute the upgrade by myself through the "Manage Apps" page.

This is the first time I use this Administration section to perform add-ons upgrade, could you please share your experience in similar upgrades and any tips that might help me?

I'd like to know something about:

- (any) pre-conditions that must be accomplished before upgrading to Portfolio 3.0.0 (assuming that i don't have any "Classic Plan" to migrate)

- time required for the upgrade of Portfolio (e.g. minutes. hours, etc.?)

- impacts (if any) on users' activities during the upgrade (e.g. does Jira instance become slower?)

- any unexpected issues you faced during/after the upgrade to Portfolio 3.0.0

Thanks All for your support

1 comment

Raathi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2019

Hey Filippo,

The upgrade should be very quick. I would say somewhere between 2 mins to 5 mins.

In terms of pre-conditions, since you mentioned that you don't have classic plans, there shouldn't be anything blocking you from upgrading.

After updating to 3.0, you might have to re-index your Jira instance.

Regards,
Raathi

Filippo Amicone
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 28, 2019

Thanks Raathi, I used "Manage Apps" proficiently to update Portfolio and also other installed plugins.

Everything went well, no issues/errors found.

At the same time I also upgraded Jira from 7.12.3 to 7.13.1 and then to 7.13.3 without issues, just waiting for re-indexing to complete to retrieve performances.

Best REgards

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events