Jira Administrator Console login

Paramesh Madaswamy January 3, 2019

I am trying to get my evaluation license for Jira. To do this I require the server ID.

To get your Server ID:

1. Log in as a JIRA administrator
  2. Click on the Settings icon and choose System
  3. Click on the System info link
  4. Your Server ID is listed in the JIRA info section

Its asking me to login as Jira Administrator. But I don't have any information regarding which URL should I login and the username/password to use.

Please help.

Thanks,

Paramesh

4 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2019

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

For an evaluation licence, the easiest way to do it is to download and install Jira.  When you run it for the first time, it will go through a setup phase, which includes asking you for a licence, and that screen has the server id you need on it, so you can nip off to Atlassian and get the right licence key for it.

The url you use is the url that you set up that Jira on, and the username and password will be what you gave the setup routine for the admin user.

Like # people like this
ARJUN CHAURASIYA January 11, 2023

I don't understand  what are you saying, can u please brief me?

kyyap July 18, 2019

i have same issue. @Nic  can u provide the Web URL for JIRA administration console login ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2019

There is no problem clearly defined in the original question, beyond the poster not understanding what is on screen in front of them.  So I don't know what the issue is.

The web url for a console login is <your jira server's url> and then click on the cog icon.

Like shabinsajeed likes this
saravp October 10, 2019

Hi,

I also had the same confusion on which URL to login and which username/password to use for JIRA Admin login.

I just tried below steps and it just worked.

1) Just hit 'localhost:8080'(or whatever is applicable) and it redirected to 'http://localhost:8080/secure/SetupMode!default.jspa' from where we can choose 'setup' and 'Continue to Atlassian' button. 

2) I know the first step you would have tried already, but just hit again in a new tab(REDO the first step), because the second time the server ID field was auto-populated for me.

3) Then the license key will be generated, and then only JIRA Administrator creation happened.

Just give a try, it might work. 

Like # people like this
lama Ashoor November 14, 2020

thank you so much, I suffered from the same problem, but now it solves

thanks !

vishnu kumar gupta September 27, 2023

Same problem i was faced. Thanks for help here

Juliana Rocha February 5, 2020

O Jira está revolucionando o ambiente corporativo.

Like Nicholas Edgeworth likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events