Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMWE Post Function to Hide Custom Fields

Alys Lucero July 16, 2018

Hi All! 

I have been researching lately the capability to hide custom fields at the user level. After reaching out to Atlassian support, I was told there is no built-in function to do this and that issues can be blocked but not specific content. 

Never one to back down from a challenge, I have been trying to figure out the best way to build this feature myself. We are on a cloud instance, and thought perhaps coding a quick post function that if a user is associated with a certain group when the ticket is created, the specified custom field will be hidden to them. 

While the Nunchucks builder does help me build the code for this (thank goodness, I am terrible at scripting), I can't figure out exactly how to "hide" the field. 

Has anyone experimented with this at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

1 comment

Comment

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2018

Hi Alys,

Unfortunately, this is simply not possible on Jira cloud, where the API for add-on development is much more limited. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events