Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Stories: What is the difference between "Open" and "Ready" status?

Daniel Magallanes May 21, 2019

I have a question as to what the difference is between "Open" and "Ready" status. The reason I'm asking is when a story is created in Jira, it defaults to "Open" and the person who is assigned the story moves it to a different status. 

When the story is left in "Open" status, how does it affect a Kanban board versus an Iterative Board?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

That all depends on what your admins created the status for and how it is used in your workflows!

My guess is that your processes have some form of refinement or authorisation in them.  As someone who wants something done, I'd create an issue and would be "open".  After someone on the development side (product owner maybe, or a developer, or support person who is qualified to talk about it) looks at, maybe asks me more questions, gets more info, I guess they would push it into "ready", meaning "ok developers, you can work on this one"

How it affects boards, again, up to the config of the board.

I'm sorry that's a bit vague and pushes the question back to you, but we can't really tell you what your processes are (or rather, what your admins thought your processes were before you got to see them!)

Like Kat Warner likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events