Issue move date

Alvaro Correa de Frederico May 5, 2023

Hello,

How do I know the name of the field that stores the date the problem was moved to the next column.

Example:

The issue is in the "ready for development" column and has been moved to "in development". I need to know which field holds that date.

If I look at the problem's movement history, I can find the information, but I need to find out the name of the field to put in my query.

I want to build a split cumulative flow diagram divided into parts.

Thanks,

4 comments

Comment

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2023

Hey Alvaro,

Moving an issue between columns is a change of the issue's status. So it's an update of a specific field, and the changes are saved as an event in the issue history. So there's is no specific field for these dates.

Best, Max

Alvaro Correa de Frederico May 12, 2023

Hi Max, thanks for the reply.

I believed that it would be possible to find the field that is recorded with the information highlighted in yellow.

But from what I was able to identify, this highlighted information is the result of an account based on the creation date plus the time that the problem spent in the previous status. Can you tell me if this understanding is correct?

history picture:

imagem do histórico.PNG

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hey Alvaro, again. It's not a field in Jira. Feel free to extract the issue's history through the REST API. That will return the full changelog. The timestamp is the exact point in time when the edit happened. Afaik, they do not relate to each other or are not derived from each other at all in Jira. So your understanding is not correct. Your screenshot also doesn't support your assumption, as an exact time for the transition is given. Or am I missing something?

Best, Max

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2023

Hi @Alvaro Correa de Frederico 

Not sure if this can be achieved out of the box.

If you would be interested in a mktplace app, you can try our addon:

Time in Status Reports 

The add-on provides the issue transition dates report which can meet your requirement.

Also there are 20+ reports in the app which help to meet a wide range of use cases.

Do try it out.

Disclaimer : I work for RVS, the vendor for this app

TIS - Status Transition Dates.PNG

Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 10, 2023

Hi @Alvaro Correa de Frederico

You can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app. For your case, you can have a look at Status Count And Entry Dates report.

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, cycle time and lead time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free.

Hope it helps.

Mariana_Pryshliak_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2023

Hello @Alvaro Correa de Frederico 

I guess, you can try one of the fastest and easiest ways - Time in Status for Jira Cloud and its Status Entrance Date report. It shows the date an issue moves to each of your workflow statuses.

Entrance Date.gif

Also, you can export it to CSV or XLSX files for further analysis or share with your colleagues or other analytical systems.

This add-on is developed by my SaaSJet team. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Hope it helps

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events