Idea/Request: To Do list emojis in JIRA ticket description

Kevin Verre June 29, 2018

I love using the Description field in my JIRA tickets. Currently I'll use it for a description of the issue and making notes of things. I also sometimes include a To Do List in there to show which steps of the ticket I've already done and which I haven't done. Currently I do something like this:

(/) to make a Green Checkmark emoji: Step I've already done

(x) to make a Red X: Step I haven't done yet.

The problem with that is that the Red X (x) looks like a failure when really what I want is to show that I haven't attempted.

It would be cool if JIRA added a Empty To Do Box Emoji to make To Do lists more clear. What do you guys think?

Example Ticket: Do the Laundry

(/) Put laundry in washer

(/) Put laundry in dryer

([]) Fold laundry (empty checkbox)

(x) Didn't wash blue shirt, forgot to put it in with the others (Red X failure checkmark)

2 comments

Comment

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2018

HI @Kevin Verre

The same thing will also follow..like if some task/work are not done then will use red (X) mark and green checkmark  (/) for tasks done.

Sometimes i used panel ..so that we can write notes with the title and normal text.

Normally now everyone is using User mention (@) .

I think this is the best practice we should follow whenever we are writing something in the comment box or commenting on the issue so that message will be well formatted and clear.

Paulo Alves June 29, 2018

Nice one, hope Atlassian consider this idea.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events