I need a help in Import test cases to Xray tool

vfeddewar March 8, 2021

Hello Team,

I am trying to import a CSV file to load test cases into Xray tool but I could not able to load the test cases. I have read all the instruction but may be I am doing something wrong and not able to find where I am going wrong. I am getting below error. Error in CSV file: Invalid opening at line 2. 

Can someone guide me here.

3 comments

Comment

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi @vfeddewar ,

it seems, there's something wrong with your CSV file. If you open the CSV file in the text editor like Notepad, how does it look like, especially the second line?

Can you share it somehow? Maybe it will be enough to just paste here a few first lines.

Did you try to contact the vendor of the application, Xpand IT?

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2021

Hi @vfeddewar 

It is exactly as @Hana Kučerová  said, there should be something with the format of your CSV file: wrong number of columns, wrong separator chars, header columns doesn't match the value columns, etc.

It is best to contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can request additional information and investigate further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2021

Hi @vfeddewar 

It is exactly as @Hana Kučerová  said, there should be something with the format of your CSV file: wrong number of columns, wrong separator chars, header columns doesn't match the value columns, etc.

It is best to contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can request additional information and investigate further.

Kind regards,

Anthony Gregori November 24, 2022

Not so hard to give a better error message. 
also you give an error line but it is not even the line which was in error so i dont know how you count your lines lol

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2021

Hi @vfeddewar  

It is exactly as @Hana Kučerová said, there should be something with the format of your CSV file: a wrong number of columns, wrong separator chars, header columns don't match the value columns, etc.

Kind regards,

mohamadhasan.ali March 7, 2023

Hi All,

Kindly please check whether the file format is in CSV format before uploading

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events