Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a workflow but

Armen Allahverdian April 26, 2018

I can't move a task on the board from todo status to inprogress and I can't figure out what the problem is.

2 comments

Comment

Sana Safai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

Check the board configuration and see how the columns are matched with the statuses in your workflow. Usually the transition does not exist between the statuses your columns.

That's confusing part. I setup the transition from ToDo to InProgress and I even set it up if a developer wants to push it back to ToDo they can do it. So I'm kind of stuck in limbo...

Sana Safai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

Do you have the columns mapped to those statuses?

Yes

Sana Safai
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

And the permissions are also correct? Transition issue permission for the user in question? And no conditions in the workflow?

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2018

Hello @Armen Allahverdian,

Could you send us a screenshot of your workflow? It'd be easier to debug with you.

I setup the transition from ToDo to InProgress and I even set it up if a developer wants to push it back to ToDo they can do it.

The transition from To do to In Progress is only one-way: you would need to create another transition from In Progress to To Do to be able to push it back. I think what you are missing is global transitions, see documentation here, to build a simplified workflow. It allows all statuses to transition to any status and looks like this:

wf.PNG

Hope this helps,

- Manon

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events