Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage a Product Features Catalog ?

Sylvain Gautier September 25, 2017

Epics are a nice place to describe the Product functionalities / features

But Epics as user stories one day get closed, and each product functionality can be modified and even replaced by the content of a new Epic or User Story

So, where is the best place to capitalize on: what are my current product features / functionalities?

Regards

Sylvain Gautier

4 answers

0 votes
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

thank you!

0 votes
Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

@Ericka Samuels

Hi there, if you are looking to follow the system above, yes the product requirements roll-up is a macro and is automatically created on a separate page on the creation of the first product requirements page in a given space. (Here's how you can create that requirement and build a shared understanding in Confluence:). I used the colored blocks (commonly called pillboxes or lozenges status-macro1-600x313 )  in that visual to indicate the status of the attributes; you can type in any value you like to it, it is a macro.

We tend to one page per Epic so we "retire" pages however, you might just stack the information on one page in a table and indicate that something is current or not there if you wanted an evergreen spot for developers to access. You could also list out the version history on the page (another macro) but you would want to note the changes in the comment otherwise comparisons can be a long exercise when there are 20 odd versions.... Hope that helps!

0 votes
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2017

Hi @Crystelle S

I'm looking for a way to record changes to the product requirements over time.

We write a Confluence page full of acceptance criteria. Then as the feature evolves, we struggle with how to amend the page to show the developers just what has changed and when.

can you please let me know what you mean by 'pill box status reporter'? and what is the properties report?

is that a macro in confluence?

many thanks!

0 votes
Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2017

I use the Product Requirements in Confluence myself. The Epic represents work that the technical team completes to deliver the functionality requested. As a feature is replaced I turn the pill box status reporter to "obsolete" for features that are eliminated or updated with more current spec's. Sorry, not an epic solution but it works really well and allows you to see the evolution of the product if you are using the properties report that rolls up the top level information into a table.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events