How to generate a 'Test Procedure Manual' document directly from X-Ray

Damien September 18, 2019

OK guys, Jira+XRay is acclaimed by Agile community, and I know I should not try to generate all that heavy documentation stuff, which is obviously useless, and that no-one will read, because "We value working software over comprehensive documentation", and blablabla...

Nevertheless, my customer is institutional, no way to escape the document delivery stuff as we want to be paid at the end of the day, despite we've chosen Agile development with Confluence+Jira+XRay.

We love Jira+XRay+Cucumber+Jenkins, and we love Jira+Confluence, and we love Confluence+Scroll Word integrations. No way to drop any of them.

I'm now seeking for a Jira+XRay+Confluence+Scroll Word solution that would help me create a nice "Test Procedure Manual", almost directly extracted from Xray, and showing test id, title, description, precond id and title, and then either gherkin code or manual test steps, ... and of course structure the manual pages according to the test plan board structure.

But maybe that's too much asking...

Any opinion? Any solution on your side?

1 comment

Comment

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2021

Hi @Damien ,

well, Xray comes with a built-in document generator that can automate the generation of PDF or Word documents based on testing data, such as Test specification. There are a bunch of templates you can use.

You can also use Xporter app, which integrates with Xray; it has slightly different capabilities than the built-in document generator and can be used to export Jira issues in general.

I would recommend trying out the built-in document generator along with one template, such as the one for tests or the one we have for Test Plans.

Regards,

Sergio

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events