How to create an EPIC

Estelle Adam August 27, 2019

I subscribed the cheapest licence to use JIRA (Jira Software) and I started writting the stories. 

I don't succeed in creating EPIC. Could you please explain me how to create an EPIC ?

Thank you in advance for your help. 

2 comments

Comment

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2019

Hello @Estelle Adam

You can create epics from your backlog. 

epic.png

If you can't find this,verify if there is the epic issue type in the Project settings >Issue type. 

Estelle Adam September 9, 2019

Thank you Elenushhh 

I can't find Project settings, in what part of the page is this option?

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2019

On your backlog you should have a sidebar in the left. 

The project backlog, active sprints, etc. Scroll down and you will see the project setting. 

If not please provide a screesnhot of your board/backlog view. 

Estelle Adam September 16, 2019

Hi 

Here is what I see left part.jpg

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2019

@Estelle Adam 

Click on the Roadmap there you can add the Epics. 

Estelle Adam September 16, 2019

Perfect! Thank you elenushhh

I also opened a question to extract the US into Excel. Do you know where is the button?

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2019

Create a JQL with the issues you want and export as you do in the classic way.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events