How to add costume field to work flow

Lokesh Gowda April 30, 2020

Hello,

We have a custom field "CloseDate" I would like to get the date in this CloseDarte filed when we are closing any tickets. I know we need to add this custom field to a workflow using post-function. I would like to know who can we add this to the workflow. I am using JIRA 7.4.4 Datacenter version. Please help me to achieve this.

5 comments

Comment

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

Hi @Lokesh Gowda 

Welcome to the community.

Jira has already a field called Resolved. When you set the resolution on your issue the date is saved in this field.

Lokesh Gowda April 30, 2020

Thanks,

The Management teams are asking the data need to be in CloseData only, Due to this, I am looking around it. Is there a way we can get this data to CloseData custom field 

Lokesh Gowda May 5, 2020

Hi Mohamed,

Please suggest how to achieve this.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2020

You can't do it automatically using postfunction. You will need an addon like Automation or Scriptrunner.

Lokesh Gowda May 5, 2020

HI Mohamed,

Can I use Mygroovy plugin and write a groovy script to copy the Resolved to a custom field on post function. If yes can you help me with a groovy script?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2020
Lokesh Gowda May 7, 2020

Hi Mohamed,

I have added the groovy and getting the Close date but its showing as "2 days ago", "1 days ago" and 1 minute ago its not give the data. Please find the Groovy script and the custom field value.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import java.sql.Timestamp
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def dateCf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_10104") // Date time fields require a Timestamp
issue.setCustomFieldValue(dateCf, new Timestamp((new Date()).time))

CloseDateDate Time Picker

Can you please help me to solve this issue.

Lokesh Gowda May 11, 2020

Hi Mohamed,

Can you please help me on this.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2020

Hi Lokesh,

Sorry but i'm not using this plugin and i don't know groovy. Can you open a new question on the community you might find better help than me

Lokesh Gowda May 11, 2020

Thanks

Sanjana _Alacriz_ May 15, 2020

Hi Lokesh,

I think this article might help you with code. I did not test though.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-set-a-custom-field-with-the-current-date-time-in-a-post/qaq-p/143415

Thanks,

Sanjana

Lokesh Gowda May 15, 2020

Hi Sanjana,

Yes, it helped me, I have completed this task.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events