How to Track our builds in Jira

Shravankumar Annavajjala May 30, 2022

Hi Support,

we would like to track our builds through Jira. Could you please help us how to enable the build information in Jira.

1 comment

Comment

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

Hello @Shravankumar Annavajjala ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To help you out, you should probably supply the following:

1. What tool are you using for building?

2. Have you enabled the integration  to link the build tool to Jira?

Hi @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ ,

Thanks for picking up this ticket.

Please find my comments below.

1. What tool are you using for building?

we are using azure devops for building our applications.

2. Have you enabled the integration  to link the build tool to Jira?

No we havent enabled any intergration to link build tool to jira

we need your help to integrate to link build tool to jira

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ ,

If we integrate azure devops with jira integration. can we able to track our builds in Jira ticket.

builds.PNG

and also will it be involve cost ?

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2022

Once you install and configure the integration, you usually tie a build to a Jira issue by starting a commit comment or branch name with the Jira issue ID.

Yes, the integrations I mentioned before need to be purchased.

Shravankumar Annavajjala June 8, 2022

Hi @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ 

Thanks for your support. I have installed and configured the applications which you have mentioned above. May i know what needs to be done after configuration.

Can we have a quick call on this ?

Shravankumar Annavajjala June 8, 2022

Hi @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ Any update on this?

can we schedule a call to discuss it further

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2022

Sorry, @Shravankumar Annavajjala .  I'm not an Atlassian employee.  I'm a volunteer who gives advice and instruction for free.  So, I'm not going to work with you via call. I do have paying clients to tend to first :)

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2022

As far as next steps usually go, the integrations work by making sure the Git commit comment begins with the Jira issue ID.

Shravankumar Annavajjala June 9, 2022

Hi @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_

After configuring this it is asking for selection for particular repos. Cant we select all repos at once. What needs to done here. Can you please help me out to resolve thisrepos.PNG

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2022

It doesn't look like you can select all repos at once.  So select the repo(s) that each project uses.

Shravankumar Annavajjala June 9, 2022

ok thanks you can close the ticket

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2022

This isn't a ticket.  This is a community-based forum where community members like myself answer questions from other community members.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events