How does multiple teams use the same JIRA project to plan and track their team's work?

Sapna Mogili May 6, 2018

We have a huge set of people working on the same product. We have around three to four teams working on various modules of the product. What is the best way for the teams to plan and track their work in the same JIRA project?

2 comments

Comment

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2018

I'm sure it's a little different for everyone.

I'm on two teams actually, and one team uses Kanban boards to track tasks. The way I have my personal Kanban board set up, is I have some swim lanes defined with JQL separating my ticket types for one project. This works best when you have a laundry list of tickets. I have a To Do column with everything I haven't started, In Progress for those I have, On Hold, Waiting on (some sort of) approval, and my last column is everything I've completed in the past week so I can report on those in my weekly status.

My other team uses Sprints. We have a certain amount of tasks based on our bandwidth that we must complete in two weeks.

If you haven't already, Atlassian has a bunch of training that is a great place to start here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Training/Atlassian+Learning+Paths

Sapna Mogili May 8, 2018

Will Try it out Heth. Thanks a ton!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events