You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
In my team we have the following workflow:
* Bugs are reported to Bugzilla
* Mngt board is at JIRA with no integration to bugzilla, so have to copy-paste manually and try to keep them in sync.
* The code working on the bugfixes is at Github. We do not have any integration
* The code is building in another tool, again with no integration
In the end, we end-up spending a lot of time trying to synchronize all of those and we fail miserably. My first question would be to give me some best practices on how JIRA can be used in a similar way for a team of ~10 people, working only on fixing bugs.
Secondly, I would like to describe you how I have it in my mind, and please let me know if the following workflow is something that JIRA can do:
1. Bug gets reported to Bugzilla
2. Automatically this creates a card in JIRA including data such as (component, priority, sevirity into the card).
3. The cards in this column can be sorted based on the priority (taken from bugzilla).
4. A developer assigns himself to the card
5. JIRA informs Bugzilla and puts the developers username as the assignee and also marks the bug as "in progress" in bugzilla.
6. The card in JIRA gets automatically moved from the Backlog column to the "In Progress" column.
7. As soon as there's a PR in github related to this card then JIRA moves the card automatically to the QA swimlane at the backlog column.
8. When a QA engineer assign himself to the card, the card moves to the In Progress column for the QA swimlane.
9. When QA finishes and PR gets approved, then JIRA includes the link of the PR as a comment in Bugzilla.
Notice: if there are more PRs related to the same card, the card should not move until all of them are approved.
10 It also closes the bug in Bugzilla, as RESOLVED
11. Moves the JIRA card to Release swimlane at the column backlog (automatically)
12. When a release engineer starts working on those, the card moves automatically to the in progress column of the release swimlane.
13. When the bugfix gets released, the card moves to the 'DONE" column
If someone adds the label: 'help', then no new cards for the Dev swimlane should be able to be assigned or at least not to move to "In Progress", until someone assign himself (as a second person) to the one that asks for help. When this happens, JIRA should auto-update this label with "pairing".
If something fails during either QA or relesase, there must be way to return the card back to the developers swimlane, to the "Blocked" column automatically.
Any ideas are mostly welcome,