Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you integrate in-house apps with your Jira?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2019

Jira provides great interfaces to integrate with external applications. The basic interfaces are,

• Java SDK (Server and Data Center)
  • Connect SDK (Cloud)
  • Rest API

I would like know about interfaces that you have created against your in-house applications.

At my company, we have custom a CRM tool (written in PHP). This tool eventually became our service desk (before Jira Service Desk). And to expose customers issues to our development team, and vice versa, we rely on Jira REST APIs.

This simple effort of integration (using Jira Rest API) have reduced lots of manual work for us, and finally it help us establish feedback system among our customers and developers.

1 comment

Comment

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2019

Hi @DPKJ 

In my company, we have connected jira projects with our intranet, so the users can log issue trought the intranet.

We don't use JSD yet, so we have only this solution to let our user create issue in the right project.

We have also create a custom mail notification, so we don't need to use the notification scheme in jira.

But i don't like it much, i rather like the notification send by jira.

Like DPKJ likes this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2019

@Mohamed Benzianethanks for sharing.

So, you are using REST API just like us.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events