Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a perfect workflow using all the different tools (Jira, Autorabit, Bitpucket) ?

Tamara Dutra Viana August 16, 2018

Hi All

I am trying to find a solution on the perfect workflow for our team who is using Jira.

Currently we are using the following tools:

• Jira
  • Autorabit ( because we work with salesforce) not sure if bamboo is compatible with Salesforce)
  • Bitbucket

The workflow that we created is huge in order to cover the connection between the tools and makes the live of our Scrum Masters and Squads difficult to track their work.

workflow.png

We work with SAFe Agile, which means we have sprints/iterations that close every 2 weeks.

When an sprint/iteration passes the 2 weeks the Stories arent closed, as we cover the entire process until a story is in production.

But since we have a huge workflow the stories actually never close until they are final in production - this means the iterations stay open the entire release. The Scrum Masters have to oversee the workf for all iterations, because it can happen that when "end to end testing" of a story happens, a bug is found, so the status moves back to "technical development", which again means the developer that created the part has to repare it.

If in our first iteration/sprint we had 20 story points and we would move the stories to next iteration, over and over - because they aren't closed-done, this would again not give us right data in reports and at last iteration/sprint of the release we might have 100story points.

The reason we created this type of workflow is because it covers a lots of happenings in autorabit and which triggers status change from Jira.

• What type of workflow do you use if you are using the same tools?
  • Any tips/ideas how i can improve this?
  • How best you can integrate all those tools?
  • Any suggestions or expiriences you can share?

thanks for your time.

best regards,

Tamara

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events