How can I add testing automation?

Michael Quarantello October 21, 2019

Hello,

Currently we use Jira Software (Cloud) and TM4J - Test Management for Jira Cloud for our manual testing needs (acceptance, integration, functional).  We would like to add automated testing (continuous integration) but I am unsure the best course to do so.

I was told both Bamboo or Jenkins are great continuous integration tools but it appears as if Bamboo is only server, does this make integration difficult when we use both Jira Cloud and TM4J Cloud?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Michael

1 comment

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Hi @Michael Quarantello,

We have been using Jira, BitBucket & Bamboo for a few years now, and we recently migrated from Jira Server to Jira Cloud, while continuing to use an on-prem BitBucket & Bamboo Server.

The integration wasn't too difficult, we just needed to make sure that we had a external DNS entry for our Bamboo server that Jira Cloud could communicate with and we setup proper firewall rules to ensure that we limited the traffic to only IP ranges that would be coming from Atlassian Cloud applications using this document: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-ip-ranges-and-domains-744721662.html

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like Michael Quarantello likes this
Michael Quarantello October 22, 2019

That information is immensely helpful!  Thank you Jimmy.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events