Hi guys, how do i write a query to search for JIRAs i created as of a specific date?

Wilson Chau October 17, 2019

I'm trying to only filter out JIRAs I created today going fwd, as a clean start as all my previous ones are no longer relevant.  I found the tag 'createdDate' and tried to assign it a date value, but it doesn't work.  (new to JIRA queries, so if some rock starts can help me with a quick formula, be greatly appreciated - thanks!)

This is what I have:
created >= -1w order by created DESC, createdDate > 20191017

This is the error:
Error in the JQL Query: Expecting either 'ASC' or 'DESC' but got '>'. (line 1, character 51). 

Even when i replaced the '>' with 'ASC', still getting an error.  And there is no page to show how to write queries in JIRA.

Thanks!

1 comment

Comment

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Hi @Wilson Chau 

For all issues created by you for today, you can use below.

reporter = currentUser() and created >= startOfDay()

If you want to use a specific date, please use

created >= '2019/10/17'

Like Wilson Chau likes this

Thanks a lot Gikku - that worked!!  Is there a page where I can learn the correct syntax for these queries? 

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Hi @Wilson Chau 

Please refer the Atlassian documentation for all the options available. You should be reading through the fields reference and functions pages.

Thanks again!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events