Getting 404 Not Found for "/rest/tempo-timesheets/3/worklogs"

Somo Sharma June 19, 2018

Hi,

I am getting a 404 Not Found message for below url
Not Working URL: https://******/rest/tempo-timesheets/3/worklogs?projectKey=DER&dateFrom=2018-06-11

when I am using basic authentication method of providing username and password

It works properly when I am fetching all the projects data, for e.g below url work properly if use the basic authentication method of providing username and password
Working URL: https://******/rest/api/2/project

Can you tell me what could be the issue, and how should I proceed to resolve this.

2 comments

Comment

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2018

Hi Somo

Tempo changed their API, but the second one is still Atlassian.

See https://support.tempo.io/hc/en-us/articles/360001188087-Action-Required-for-APIs for details of what you need to change for the first call

Somo Sharma June 20, 2018

Thank You for the suggestion Warren, it helped me resolve the issue.

Claudio Ferraro February 20, 2019

The link isn't working anymore. Do you have some other resources I could check? I have the same issue

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2019

Hi @Claudio Ferraro 

What authentication are you using? I see that the link above is no longer valid, but it was about authentication.

Has this worked for you previously but it's now stopped? Or is this the first time that you're trying to run this call?

Like Claudio Ferraro likes this
Claudio Ferraro February 20, 2019

Thanks for your response!

I am using basic authentication, with username and password.

It has worked for me previously, but now it's stopped.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2019

@Claudio Ferraro 

Right, that's why it isn't working. The link above was a Tempo article describing what you needed to do to change to Bearer authentication. I'll try to tell you what you need to do from memory, hopefully it will work :

• Go into Tempo, Settings and then API Integration (as shown below
  • Click on Generate New to get a token
  • Use this token instead of username / password, in the format 
"Authorization", "Bearer " & "yourToken"

Screenshot_4.jpg

David_Revelo February 28, 2020

Hi @Warren I think I'm experiencing this issue now. Where should I use the generated token?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2020

Hi @David_Revelo 

So instead of using a password, you use the token.

You will use the 64 bit encoded version of the Jira e-mail address and API token, the same way that you may have used a 64 bit encoded version of the username and password previously.

If you can't get it working, let me know more details about what you've tried and what error message you're getting.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events