General Question

Steve Morales June 6, 2019

New to Jira and have a very general question. Our organization uses Jira for Agile project management. Usage is currently limited to the IT department. I'd like to expand Jira's use to include outside departments to be able to submit a Project Request via Jira much like a ticketing system that will then allow the IT department to triage, evaluate, accept or reject. If accepted, then provide ongoing communication to all stakeholders on the project progress (i.e., dashboard), through completion/implementation. I don't think this is a unique solution request, but I'm having trouble finding examples of this configuration. Does this solution require the use of both Jira Service Desk and Jira Software? If anyone can point me to a resource, video or documentation on how best to implement this type of solution, I would very much appreciate it.

1 comment

Comment

Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

Hello Steve,

this sounds like a need for Jira Service Desk.

Have a look at the pre-recorded JSD demo, it should give you a good idea of how it all ties together - only about 50 minutes or so

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk/demo-on-demand

Steve Morales2 June 6, 2019

Thank you Johan for the speedy reply!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events