Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimation of tasks base on experience

Igor Ordoñez March 15, 2021

Hello all,

Is it possible to create something to get the information about the experience in some labels.

For example

• Project A -> Label (create a button) -> Task call create a button -> time expent 4 hours
  • Project B -> Label (create a button) -> Task call create a button -> time expent 8 hours
  • Project C -> new task button can I get the estimation for the task?

Best regards,

1 comment

Comment

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2021

Hi @Igor Ordoñez 

I am unclear what you are asking about. Perhaps you would clarify to help the community give you suggestions.

You may enter whatever values you wish in the labels field.  And your team can estimate how they wish using the Story Point or estimate fields.

Thanks, and best regards,

Bill

Igor Ordoñez March 17, 2021

Hi Bill,

What I am asking is if it is possible to preestimate tasks base on experience. If there is any chance to know how long can it take a similar task. 

If I can create a tag or something to anticipate the task estimation.

For example:

• Tag create a label
    • first user story take 3 hours
    • second user story 5 hours
  • If a create a new one can I know that maybe it can take me 4 hours base on the knowledge of the other tasks.

Best regards

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Igor Ordoñez 

Without a more in-depth discussion about how your team works, I suggest the answer is "maybe" if you are using this a forecast and not as a committed estimate.  You might do this with automation rules or calculated fields with a scripting add-on product from the marketplace.

Often teams that work together on requests, size those requests as a team, based upon team capacity, experience, knowledge, historically comparable work, and the details of a specific work item.

For teams that work as individuals, the situation is more tricky as people are, well...people.  If you are able to quantify experience differences it may be better to ask people with different experience levels to partner in sizing by counting things and multiplying times some agreed upon factors.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events