Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epics, Stories, Themes, and Initiatives: How would you define each, and how does your team use them?

Max Rehkopf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Home to any and all discussions prompted in Atlassian's article: Epics, Stories, Themes, and Initiatives

3 comments

Comment

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2018

Hi there!  The criteria I use is the time that it may take to complete them.  If the amount of work can be completed in one sprint (e.g. 2 weeks) I use stories.  I've used mostly SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), so I'll use some terms borrowed from SAFe: If the whole effort can be completed within a PI (i.e a number of sprints after which the teams meet again to sync up and plan together) I use epics. I haven't used themes or initiatives yet, but I see a use case for them to represent capabilities in a Solution train.

Carlos

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2018

Hi Max, how do you implement Initiatives ?  Are you using Portfolio ? Thanks.

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2018

As an aside, I didn't see a link from the article to this community page - adding one might be a good way to encourage more discussion. Thanks

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events