Do you want Natural Language Search for Jira issues?

Michael Ilewicz April 29, 2022

Hi, I am a developer working with artificial intelligence and I am thinking about an add-on for Jira that would let you search for issue tickets by meaning in any field. This could further be enhanced with a partial natural language to JQL conversion and then do a search by meaning for content. So you could say something like "Find me all unresolved bugs of my software project that relate to XY" or "when is my next task due" and together with the list of issues you would get a real answer "your next task is due next Monday".

Is this something you would like to see? What price point would you expect for such an application?

2 comments

Comment

Joel Young December 31, 2022

Not sure what the right price point would be, but looking for a plugin to make it easier as you suggest to extra information from large JIRA projects.  

1) scrubbing/grooming the backlog.

2) higher level Agile or project insights like "what's the velocity or completion rate of <group of tasks>"

3) create dashboard that shows <collection of information>

4) ultimate: when would this feature be complete

5) Smart templates automatically created based on recent issues logged by an individual.

6) stats/dashboard for individuals: how many issues an individual owns, completes on average, etc.

7) Maybe use natural language to let individuals create base issue, then prompts them to fill in the required fields they missed more naturally, e.g. what team should this be assigned to, what release, etc.

Just brainstorming, seems extremely valuable.

Pablo Beltran _Marketplace Expert_ November 17, 2023

It seems that many of us have had the same idea :)

Search for "Ask Jira" on the Marketplace....

Like Joel Young likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events