Delete Project

Kirtik Rawal April 21, 2019

How can I delete project, methods which I found so far are old and does not have same option on Jira anymore.

Please guide

4 comments

Comment

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2019

@Kirtik Rawal 

You  can delete the project by going to Project settings -> Delete project.

Make sure that if you are realy want to delete the project or just hide the project.

To hide the project create a empty permission schema and associate that with that project.

Please go throgh this link for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-editing-deleting-and-hiding-projects-844500729.html

Kirtik Rawal April 22, 2019

@Sandesh Shetty Thanks for the response, but there is no such option. I clicked on Project and all I see is

Scrum Board
Backlog
Active sprints
Reports
Releases
Issues and filters
Pages
Components

Also, when I click on Settings, it gives only 2 option, i.e. "User Management" and "Billing" noting as such "Details" when I can get project delete options

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2019

Hello @Kirtik Rawal 

Make sure you have Administrator privilege for your the cloud instance and the project, then only delete project option will be available for you. If you have those privileges then go to Project Settings and you can find the Delete Project option.

Like Ralitsa Kornazova likes this
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2019

Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png

@Kirtik Rawal you should be the project admin to see this option. check the screenshots.

Like Vishwas likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events