Defect Removal Efficiency, Test Efficiency & Defect leakage Gadgets

rajesh meka August 20, 2018

Hi,

Is there any gadgets in JIRA where I get the Defect Removal Efficiency, Test Efficiency & Defect leakage Gadgets percentages and charts.

Also let me know any plugins available for the same.

DRE =

(Total defects found in development [A]/ (Total defects found in development[A] + Defects found in production [B] )) x 100

Defect Leakage=(No. of Defects raise by customer after release/No. of Defects raised by Tester before release-No. of invalid Defects from Defects raised by tester before release)*100

Test Efficiency

test metrics - effectiveness using defect containment efficiency

Thanks,

Rajesh Meka

5 comments

Comment

Troy Spetz September 18, 2018

We use JIRA 7.12 server version.

The gadget catalogue in JIRA is quite limited (and in my experience) has not been extended in many years. I am not aware of any existing gadget which can perform calculations.

We also do not have a licensed add-on to perform the calculations you want.

The simplest approach would be to run a JQL query which gives you the total issues per category (e.g. internally- vs. externally-identified defects) and then perform the calculation manually.

gvantsa davitaia April 29, 2020

Hello,

I have the same issue for now, have you found any solutions? 

Thank you in advance,

Gvantsa 

Vishal Goyal August 17, 2021

If you were able to pull in required data for these metrics into a tool like Power BI or any other DB using APIs, it should be possible to write DAX / SQL queries to get the relevant metrics. Right ?

Have not tried it and will look into this.

ligia.gaspar91 December 7, 2021

Any news on this topic? I am looking for some plugin that would help with this

Like # people like this
Swagat Mishra December 21, 2021

For DRE, Is there any way to get the data through JIRA API and calculate outside JIRA system?

Sonali Sarkar May 31, 2023

How to show the defect leakage % in Jira dashboard for multiple projects together?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events