Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deeper Slack Integration

Sebastian Henneberg November 28, 2019

Dear Atlassian Community,

we have a small team which is working intensively with a JIRA (next-gen) and Slack in combination with a handful other tools. However, JIRA and Slack turn out to be the most important tools for our daily coordination.

Fortunately, there is an official Slack app to integrate JIRA with Slack. The down side is, the integration is limited to creation of tickets and posting status updates into specific channels. We think a comprehensive integration would also notify individual users via Slack (instead of mail). What do you guys think?

Due to the fact that the JIRA Slack App is an add-on, I'm unsure where to post this feature request. Would be glad if someone could point me out where to reach out. Thank you!

1 comment

Comment

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2019

I personally saw a demo on Summit of this integration created by NextUp company

https://slack.com/apps/A0Z9RG265-jira-integration

It is not free but basically can give you all the power that you need directly from Slack (even replace Jira ;)). You can check if there is something that you are looking for..

Sebastian Henneberg November 28, 2019

Hi Mirek, thank you for your suggestion! I'm wondering if Atlassian itself would be interested in extending its integration.

If I had the choice, I would go for the official & free integration.

Stanzilla December 20, 2019

I'm mostly missing the ability to select label and assignee for "Create Issue", I hope they add that to the official version. Jira Integration+ looks super cool but good luck getting a new + paid integration approved :)

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2019

Yeah that is true however this is how things are done now..

You have something free that is limited and something more premium that usually is not free but gives what users want. Even Jira Cloud is having now two plans that cost double money. 

So if you guys really use Slack with Jira I suggest to not wait for something that would be added to a free version (since that might not be even added in many years) but consider now paying for a premium features and speed up your work. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events