Dashboard: Epic Progress is not visible or updated into the Dashboard

Rajendran Raja February 26, 2020

Dear All,

I am Raja Rajendran, working as Agile Coach. During Dashboard preparation, I am not able to view most of epic fields in the Dashbaord.

e.g. Progress fields is auto calculated field and visible in the jira backlog and sprint backlog. The same field is not visible in the Dashboard.

Please suggest.

Regards

Raja Rajendran

1 comment

Comment

Hung Nguyen February 27, 2020

When you referred to Dashboard, I assume that you meant a specific gadget within a Dashboard, since Dashboard itself does not work directly with the fields, I believe.

Each gadget will have different restrictions to access the fields. Do you mean to use a specific gadget to display Epic Progress? What is it?

Rajendran Raja February 27, 2020

Yes, In the "Issue statistics" Gadget, I am not able to see the epic progress field....

Hung Nguyen February 28, 2020

Then I'm afraid that you misunderstood about the purpose of this gadget Issue Statistics.

This gadget just use value of one field as the series to count how many issues having that the same value, and show the percentage of that count over the total count.

So the field selected here must be an attribute field, that we can group the issues by that. For ex. Status or Priority

Epic Progress, I believe to be a custom field, would likely be a fact field, containing percentage, or aggregated values, and should NOT be used as the attribute field for this gadget at all, because you would not want to see an outcome like:

- Epic Progress = 0%     Count = 3 epic  , Percentage = <3 over the total# of epic>

- Epic Progress = 1%                 1           

- Epic Progress = 3.5%               1

- Epic progress = 92%                 1

- Epic Progress = 100%                2    

which is NOT useful

If Epic Progress has the 'ready-to-show' values already, I think you should use the Filter Result gadget instead

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events