Customize Jira page with scriptrunner

Qi Jiang July 12, 2017

I am looking for some samples which able to:

Create a new tab on top of the navigate

on this new page, will have same form  allow user to input data

After click sumbit, will have some event happen.

Not sure if this available with scriptrunner, I know we can create a new button on tha navigation area. Please help.

Thanks

2 comments

Comment

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

Can you explain the actual use-case instead of outlining the approach you believe you need to take?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

Broadly, I know most of it is possible, as one of my squad did it a while ago (specifically to store project-level data for doing calculations in scripted fields later).  No idea how, as I've not tried it. 

But that was a very specific case, and this use-case is too fuzzy to be able to say if that might work for them.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

I use scriptrunner heavily but the way the user outlined above, this seems more like typical plugin territory.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

It does to me too, but I think we need more detail on the use-case.  I'd class this as a "definite maybe" at the moment ;-)

Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2017

Take a look at the documentation on Customising the UI using ScriptRunner at https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/CustomisingUI.html. Take special note of the documentation on wiring up a dialog, including the notes about using javascript to add complex interactions.

To create a form that takes input, you'll most likely need to configure a Scripted REST Endpoint or two to display the form and take the POST from the form.

While this technically doesn't require developing a full blown p2 plugin, the rough use case you've outlined sounds like it will be complex enough that you'd need many of the same skills. At a minimum, you would need a custom web item, a couple of REST endpoints (one to return your form's HTML, another to receive the POST request), and some javascript to connect the two in just the way you want. At the very least, you'd need a little web development expertise and a taste for adventure.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events