Custom fields hierarchy

rochdi.badis March 26, 2020

Hi Guys,

We have a custom filed that represent "Production Release Date" and I'm using JIRA Connector API to query that field in a form, I know the custom filed number (see attached )

screen.png

and my understanding that I can define a new custom filed with that number eg.Customfield_11430 in the output structure used to populate the required filed, but I need to know under which structure that custom filed is located so I can define it under the correct structure,?
so for example the current structure that exists in JIRA Connector is as attached below and the new Customefiled_11430 needs to fall under the correct hierarchy eg. under FixVesion or Resolution...etc so how can know where this filed should be ? if maybe there a fields definition page that exists in JIRA that shows where each field is located or defined?

screen2.png

Thanks

1 comment

Comment

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2020

Hi Rochdi,

you can put custom fields to one or more screens.
This gives the fields a structure if you want so - but I am not sure if this is what you are actually looking for.

You can also specify field behavior. Please check if this helps for the beginning.

Cheers,
Daniel

rochdi.badis March 30, 2020

Yeh, not really what I'm after, I'm already using custom fields in my screens, the current existing custom fields that came with JIRA connector, but I could like to add some more that we already defined in our Jira account website eg. Production Release Date (customfield_11430) QA Release Date (customfield_11428), so I need to define (add) them in JIRA Connector API because they don't exist yet,  so I can use them and query them in my own application. 

As you my know JIRA Connector API has an action called Issue_Seach that return a JSON based output and JSON fields falls under specific structure and substructures,, but the current Issue_Search action's output has been modified to replace that JSON structure in  well presented data structure (using outsystems structures) for easy access, so for me to add those two custom field, I need to know under which sub-structure are they located (if only I can see that JSON output), or maybe if I can see the structure of all the filed & custom fields from our Jira website?

so  in brief, is there a way that i can see the structure of all fields that we use in Jira?

Thanks

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2020

Hi Rochdi,

a list of all fields (both system and custom) is requestable via REST API

GET /rest/api/2/field

From my opinion there is not more 'structure' that is possible to show.

In case you are using the API on a regular basis you might already know the documentation for it. Here is the link for the API endpoint to list the fields - in case in helps.

Cheers,
Daniel

Sorry I'm a newbie in using Jira, so forgive my luck understading, so how or where can I call that Getf ields to get our existing fields & custom fields ?

Thanks

becasue the current JIRA Connector API doesn't have that action.

see screen3.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2020

You can simply use curl from a Linux shell (bash), you don't need JIRA Connector or anything else special for it.

Please find some examples here:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/

Cheers,
Daniel

Hmm, Linux!?

I guess will try using DOS command in my machine 

Thanks Daniel 

by the way, for example thsis a url of one of the records: https://itvision.atlassian.net/browse/AF-2719

so is this the url that I should be using as example?

Thanks

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events