Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom OAuth2 plugin

gfinesch May 8, 2017

I'm developing a custom plugin to integrate Jira 6.3.14 with an OAuth2 server.

First of all, as described here I changed seraph-confix.xml and extended JiraSeraphAuthenticator.

I overrode the method Principal getUser(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response). The first thing the method has to do is redirecting the user to the server to allow the user insert their credentials in a form via "response.sendRedirect(url);". The method getUser however gets called more than once. The first time, response is not null but the following times it becomes null and when finally response.sendRedirect(url) gets called I have a NullpointerException. Whys isn't this working? Do I have to change my web.xml in some way as well other than editing seraph-config.xml? can I perform a redirection inside the getUser method?

1 comment

Comment

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2017

Probably worth posting this on the dev community if you haven't already: https://community.developer.atlassian.com

gfinesch May 8, 2017

Thanks. It's my first post I didn't know about the existance of the developers forum. Thank you!

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2017

No problem. It's not obvious unless you know! Hoping Atlassian will sign-post it a bit more clearly.

Anyway, here's a link to the thread you opened there in case anyone seeing this wants to answer or read: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/custom-oauth-2-0-plugin-development/3528

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events