Continuous visibility with the new Jira Software Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud integration

Aneita
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2018

Hey Atlassian community,

I am a PM on the Bitbucket Cloud team and I am excited to share that we just released an improvement to the Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud integration.

With the newly improved integration, we aim to give teams continuous visibility into their development process from backlog all the way to release. We hope to break down information silos and allow more teams to understand the status of features in development from Product Management, Support, to Marketing and Sales.

From within a Jira issue, teams can now:

• see which environments the changes for the Jira issue have been deployed to (test, staging or production)

• see the status of the associated deployments and when they occurred

From Bitbucket Deployments, teams can:

• see the list of issues related to each deployment from the deployment preview and summary.

• view the Jira issue details, without needing to leave the context of Bitbucket

To get started, first connect Jira and Bitbucket. Adding Jira issue keys to your Bitbucket commit messages will then associate your commit, and any pipelines and deployments that are executed for that commit, with the Jira issues.

For example, typing:

git commit -m "PT-323 Add created workers to container cluster"

This will associate the pipeline that is triggered by the commit with issue PT-323.

Learn more about these features at the Bitbucket blog.

We'd love for you to try out the new integration and let us know what you think, either here in the comments or via the Feedback button in Bitbucket or Jira.

Aneita
Bitbucket PM

1 comment

Sapna Sharma November 26, 2018

Hello..

Can I attach two workflow in a  a single  Project

Like Mohanarao Gedala likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events