Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Total Number of days between two date stamps for multiple issues (EazyBi)

Simon Schermerhorn November 7, 2017

Essentially I need to find the aggregate of "Days in 'New'" across issues. 

I have a table that will spit out the total but I need a formula that includes the total number of "Days in 'New'" and divide it by the issues with open date to get an average. 

So far I have only been able to calculate the "Days in New" for each individual issue.

I am using two different date stamps to calculate days in new/open/pending.

This was my first attempt at the formula:

image.png

And these are the results. As you can see, If I sort by individual issues it works fine but when I collapse it to get an average of the project I don't get any results.

image.pngimage.pngSee above

1 comment

Comment

Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2017

Hi Simon

You are creating a calculation using Issue properties "Issue created date", "Issue open date". Issue properties work at issue level only. Therefore a calculation has a result for individual issues but not for total calculation.

For total calculation, you would like to define a set of issues and calculate an average over this set.

AVG(set, numeric_expression)

Set should be an issue set filtered by this date

Numeric_expression is the one you would like to use for average calculation - date diff days between issue creation date and an open date.

NonZero(AVG(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
NOT isempty([Measures].[Issue open date])
AND
DateInPeriod(
[Measures].[Issue open date],
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
)
AND
([Measures].[Issues created],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) > 0),
DateDiffDays
([Measures].[Issue created date],
[Measures].[Issue open date])
))

Please set the formatting of your calculated measure to decimal as well.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events