Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Total Number of days between two date stamps for multiple issues (EazyBi)

Simon Schermerhorn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2017

Essentially I need to find the aggregate of "Days in 'New'" across issues. 

I have a table that will spit out the total but I need a formula that includes the total number of "Days in 'New'" and divide it by the issues with open date to get an average. 

So far I have only been able to calculate the "Days in New" for each individual issue.

I am using two different date stamps to calculate days in new/open/pending.

This was my first attempt at the formula:

image.png

And these are the results. As you can see, If I sort by individual issues it works fine but when I collapse it to get an average of the project I don't get any results.

image.pngimage.pngSee above

1 comment

Comment

Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2017

Hi Simon

You are creating a calculation using Issue properties "Issue created date", "Issue open date". Issue properties work at issue level only. Therefore a calculation has a result for individual issues but not for total calculation.

For total calculation, you would like to define a set of issues and calculate an average over this set.

AVG(set, numeric_expression)

Set should be an issue set filtered by this date

Numeric_expression is the one you would like to use for average calculation - date diff days between issue creation date and an open date.

NonZero(AVG(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
NOT isempty([Measures].[Issue open date])
AND
DateInPeriod(
[Measures].[Issue open date],
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
)
AND
([Measures].[Issues created],
[Time].CurrentHierarchy.DefaultMember) > 0),
DateDiffDays
([Measures].[Issue created date],
[Measures].[Issue open date])
))

Please set the formatting of your calculated measure to decimal as well.

Daina / support@eazybi.com

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events