Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business projects related to sprints and roadmaps

Robb Duke May 11, 2022

I'm thinking I'd have to purchase portfolio, but would love to be able to associate non software related projects being managed as a marketing project, for instance, in the context of a sprint.

i love the idea of having a sprint that is a two week time period for everything I do, from work projects to personal projects.

any ideas on how I could accomplish this without portfolio or is an upgrade required?

1 comment

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Hi, @Robb Duke. Welcome to the community.  

First, consider adding Jira Work Management for your non-software teams. It come with project templates for marketing teams and more.

That said, there's no reason why you can't use Jira Software for your marketing teams. I previously used it — the Server version in my case - for many years for a marketing team.

You will have to craft your own workflows, and maybe some custom issue types, but you can make it work if you want to go that route.

I'm curious, are you guys following the Agile Marketing Manifesto at all?

-dave

Robb Duke May 12, 2022

Thanks @Dave Rosenlund . 

I've used Jira in the past for non-software projects and it worked fine. I discovered Work Management not long after I submitted my message. It's pretty close to what I want to do.

I've become a huge fan of agile since I learned it back in my days at Praecipio Consulting. I'm a much better practitioner of it now, and apply it to just about every aspect of my life where I can.

That said, I'm not following the manifesto and will check it out. I appreciate your reply.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events