Board with too many columns is unreadable

Salma Gomaa February 18, 2019

My custom workflow contains too many statuses and hence too many columns are shown in the board. Hence, the board becomes unreadable.

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2019

Welcome to the community!

You can put many status in one column, and/or remove columns.  The key here is to simplify what you've got.

Salma Gomaa February 18, 2019

Well, I am using the "Process Control" template and I don't know how to configure its board to map multi status to a single column, any help please?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2019

Ah, you can't do this in "Next Gen" projects.  You will need to simplify the workflow.

Salma Gomaa February 19, 2019

Ok, can I custom the board view per user role?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2019

No.  Boards are intended to be used to share the same views of information with different people, so there's no customisation by role, as that would make them inconsistent.

Ellen Bossuyt September 6, 2021

There are issues in Atlassian's backlog on the topic.
Here is the suggestion for the Cloud version: JSWCLOUD-17698

You can't vote on this anymore but this would be a really helpful feature !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events