• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Best workflow practice when you are waiting for someone to do something

Hello good people!

We are looking for some examples of workflow when your team is waiting for someone outside to do something.

Here is a very simple scenario:

- our team receives a request from a customer (OPEN)

- we work on that request (IN PROGRESS)

- now we must have feedback or additional files, or whatever from a customer. (what should we do here?). And depending of what the customer says/does, we wither RESOLVE, or CLOSE, or set it to DONE.

I'm asking because none of the popular workflows seem to have a status for that scenario. The issue is not done, not resolved, it cannot be closed... How do you all do this? Thank you!

1 comment

I have statuses in my workflows like "With Customer" (or "waiting on customer")and "With 3rd party" to indicate that an issue is waiting on someone.

I believe that service desk has these by default as well. And automation around it. Ie, if an issue is waiting on customer, and the customer replies, it automatically moves back to in progress. or similar.

Like David Friedrich likes this

Thank you!

So, I'm not missing anything. There is no "secret" way to deal with our issue using standard set of statuses. As we suspected, we just need to add statuses (and we did this) which we need. :-)

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you