Automation : Copy Cascading field Value from the Linked Issue.

Madhu Reddy July 12, 2021

We have a cascading field named Ws&LGroup

We would like to copy the Cascading field values to the linked issued wherever the link type is "Relates". 

I have added the rule as follows. 

Trigger : Field value changed for Ws&LGroup ( For All Actions ). 

Branch Condition : Relation - Linked Issues

Link Type - relates

Only Include the Issues changed since the rule Executed

Edit Action : Advanced fields rule

{
"update": {
"WS&LGroup": [
{
"set": {
"value": "triggerIssue.fields.WS&LGroup.value",
"child": {
"value": "triggerIssue.fields.WS&LGroup.child.value"
}
}
}
]
}
}

Error Message : No related issues that have updated since the last time this rule executed could be found. 

Attached all the screenshots for your reference. ( Trigger, Branch Condition, Edit action, Error message).

Please help me to copy the cascading field values to the linked issues. 

Thanks In Advance

Madhu

Automation Trigger.pngBranch Condition.pngEdit Advanced Fields.pngutomation Error Message.png

1 comment

Comment

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Madhu Reddy ,

On “Branche rule” you have checked “only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed.

I think you must uncheck this.

And maybe is

{

"fields": {

"Assignment Group (Cascading)" : { "value": "{{issue.fields."Assignment Group"}}", "child": { "value" : ""} }

}

}

A better way for additional fields.

Regards,
Marco Brundel

Like Madhu Reddy likes this
Madhu Reddy July 12, 2021

Hi @Marco Brundel Thanks for the response. 

I have unchecked the "Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed" in the branch rule and now this is how the error message looks like.

JIRA-167 (Option value 'triggerIssue.fields.WS&LGroup.value' is not valid (customfield_15200))

Attached screenshot for your reference.

Could you please elaborate the rule if possible, I am not aware of the rule you mentioned. 

Updated error.png 
Thanks
Madhu

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2021

Hi @Madhu Reddy ,

Something like this instead of your "update" part . 

{
"fields": {
"WS&LGroup" : { "value": “{{triggerissue.fields."WS&LGroup"}}", "child": { "value" : "triggerIssue.fields.WS&LGroup.child.value"} }
}
}

I'm not sure about the child part. I don't currently have a similar environment to test it myself, sorry.

Like Madhu Reddy likes this
Madhu Reddy July 19, 2021

Hi @Marco Brundel Thanks for adding your thoughts. Below code worked for me. 

{
"update": {
"Fieldname": [
{
"set": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Fieldname.value}}",
"child": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Fieldname.child.value}}"
}
}
}
]