Atlassian Certifications Tips

Faizal Rahman April 29, 2023

Hi Atlassian Community,

I am Faizal Rahman, working as Atlassian Consultant and new to Atlassian Community. I have done few Atlassian certifications recently. The Atlassian course materials and references may provide sufficient details required for that certification. However what you suggest as tips from your personal experience for the people preparing for certifications.

Your suggestion may help others to achieve their goal. From my experience, i can say that watching a video to understand any concept. The visual reference is more clear to understand easily than the text reference (document).

Could you please share your suggestion / tip.

Thanks and regards,

Faizal Rahman. 

4 comments

Comment

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Hi @Faizal Rahman 

For sure any video in the atlassian university, or enablement, is good to watch. Of course you don't stick just to the ones named e.g. "Jira Administrator" if you want to obtain the corresponding certification, but you also want to watch other related videos such as Jira Workflows, Advanced JQL etc etc.

In addition to the above I would definitely recommend building a study plan, spanned through a time frame of X (or XX) weeks, depending on how quick you would wish to take the exams. E.g. Atlassian through this community provided a 6 week study plan via the https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Administration-for-Cloud/gh-p/2021-july-jira-admin-for-cloud-cohort. In this 6 week study plan, each week was dedicated to certain exam topics. And so your focus was primarily to these topics. Week 2 was dedicated to other topics and so on and so forth.

In addition to the above addition (inception) what I found extremely helpful is to participate daily within this community and answer to as many questions as I would possible could. But answer them correctly. This means that even if I didn't know the answer, I would search to find it, even on my instance or within this community, or in the official documentation. Super helpful!

Hope the above helps! :)

Like Faizal Rahman likes this
Faizal Rahman April 29, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I felt the same and started following the Atlassian Community recently. It gives me exposure to wider areas of products and helps me to understand it with given explanations. 

Ryan Musser _Statsig_ May 16, 2023

This is helpful - thank you!

Abhinav Shilwant May 4, 2023

Hello @Faizal Rahman ,

What @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ has said I am totally agree with it. 
Like you I am also new to the Atlassian Community even though I am using their tools from quite a few years. I have recently completed fundamentals badge certifications like JIRA fundamentals, Confluence, JIRA product Management Tool etc. 
From my experience I would suggest each and every one who will read this discussion, that learning comes from doing a lot of practices. So, do more and more practices and try to get perfect in that area.
Thank You!

Regards,

Abhinav

Like Faizal Rahman likes this
Faizal Rahman May 4, 2023

Hi @Abhinav Shilwant ,

I completely agree with your point. Practice makes perfect. Especially with concepts, which we haven't used earlier. Thanks for sharing your views.

Regards,

Faizal Rahman.

Lucas_DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2023

Hi @Faizal Rahman ,

It's my pleasure to come across your discussion to learn more about using Jira. I'm relatively new to Jira and besides scouting for answers in the community, I want to improve myself with Jira to support my work.

And hats off to @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ for the tips. They are really helpful and valuable to me as I'm a bit lost recently and don't where to start.

Thank you both.

Regards,

Lucas.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Best of luck @Lucas_DevSamurai_ to your Atlassian journey and welcome to the community! Dev Samurai has some of really cools apps!

Like Lucas_DevSamurai_ likes this
Lucas_DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 22, 2023

Thank you very much. Hope our apps to be a great help to other users.

Per Pegard July 25, 2023

One advice is if you use a laptop to connect it to a large monitor with an external webcam and try not to move your eyes when thinking. In my case I was doing the exam with a small laptop getting messages that my eyes did not focus on the webcam. After a while I was unexpected thrown out of the exam with many questions left to solve and a bunch of questions flagged.

Not a nice experience after a lot of preparations and training.  

Like Lucas_DevSamurai_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events