Atlassian Center of Excellence

Adam Nichols (DISH)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

Greetings!

We are in the process of setting up an Atlassian Center of Excellence and wanted to see if any other teams have experience with this?

If so, got LOTS of questions!!!

• Do you have a formal group, if so, how often do you meet
  • Do you have standards, guidelines, or best practices, if so, how are those defined, refined, changed, and maintained
  • Any words of wisdom or learning lessons to make it fun, interactive, and help keep the momentum

Thank you!

adam

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2022

Yes, absolutely all of those things (with variations).

With a huge caveat that I am going to talk about my Atlassian experience from 2004 to 2013, when it changed because I joined a partner company, and stopped really working with day-to-day users.

TLDR: Always form a group of leaders who can define and drive the way you want to do things.

How often they meet?  Don't know, varies by size and complexity of the organisation.  But they need to be guided to look at tool usage, at every turn.

Like # people like this
Gabriel Fernandez February 28, 2022

It may useful to define the goals of what you want to accomplish.  During my career, we have struggled with the concepts of CoE vs. C4E and have tried to implement one when we actually meant to implement to other.

Below is a reference list I usually check to decide what makes sense in that particular situation.  It is not exhaustive or comprehensive, but it triggers good questions before you go too deep in one direction.

I hope it helps.

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 10.04.22 AM.png

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events