Agile in Education

Paul Swanson July 28, 2019

Hello! I'm starting in a new role as Director of Digital Learning at an international school in Singapore, and I'm interested in using Jira and Agile as a tool for my tech integration team. Do any of you have experience using Jira or Agile in an education context? I would love to hear about your experiences with it.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

1 comment

Comment

Ben Blodgett July 22, 2020

Hi Paul, I'm a Certified Scrum Master and I'm researching the agile methodology in terms of creating organizational changes in the classroom (to create a K-12 school-focussed custom Agile Manifesto and Principles). It's part of my post-grad project, so I would be grateful for any examples of Agile in education, even though Agile is fundamentally team-oriented.

Ben Blodgett - proessays

Paul Swanson July 23, 2020

Hi Ben,

Sounds like a great project. You might want to check out what they are doing at Haileybury in Australia (https://haileyburyx.org.au/agile-microcredential/). They are using Agile more than most schools I've seen.

I have been working to get my team used to Agile for the past 5-6 months, but it's been such an unusual time with Covid that it has been very challenging to create coherent sprints. I would love to talk with you more about this at some point. My school email is paul.swanson@sais.edu.sg. Feel free to contact me to discuss this further.

Cheers,

Paul

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events