Advice and happy stories about ACP-300 please

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2018

It is time for me to get on with ACP-300 and I am nervous. I've been through the prep course and read a lot.

Any advice out there? Anyone want to share their ACP-300 success?

2 comments

Comment

Stefan Kohler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2018

Hi @Kat Warner,

The ACP exams can be stressful indeed; they are not easy and are difficult to learn for, it comes down to your experience with Jira Software. I do consider this as a good thing though, getting your ACP certification does add real value!

To prepare for (any) ACP exam I always give the following exam

• Take your time, you have 3 hours which should be plenty to finish the exam.
  • Skip questions, if you are stuck on a question, skip it for now (the exam software allows this) and come back after your first iteration :)
  • Multiple Choice, the exams are multiple choice, make use of this.. Sometimes it is easier to go through the wrong answers then to identify the correct one.

With regards to preparation keep in mind the following

• Get a fresh, clean Jira Software (server) installation and make sure you know what you get out-of-the-box. Sometimes we take add-ons for granted. 
  • Know your JQL, as boards are based on JQL it always a good idea to go through the JQL documentation
  • Invision that you are in a perfect world; in some cases, the correct answer might not be the real-world answer. In the exam, you don't have to think about policies.

These are my key things to consider, I'm also curious how other prep for their exams!

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 18, 2018

Thanks for your reply.

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2018

We wish you success, Kat!  Here are 2 tips which you probably encountered in the Cert Prep course, but they're worth extra emphasis:   (1) Make sure you know all the agile reports very well -- exactly what information they're designed to provide and how to interpret them. (2)  Make sure you have a very solid grasp of how board columns are related to workflows.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
September 18, 2018

Thanks @Julia. I think I may have to just schedule the exam and work to a deadline :).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events