ACP-300 Agile development with JIRA software Certification: Resources and real cases

Miguel Ángel García Gómez July 11, 2017

Hi all,

After 3 attempts I failed this exam. I have experience about 4 years using JIRA in an agile team and some experience administering it. I have watched all the resources recommended by Atlassian (training courses and exam preparation), I've done all the sample questions, I've reviewed the official documentation and I've read some blogs and resources about agile development provided by Atlassian. However, as I mentioned before, I failed the exam 3 times (with a mark between 45% and 55%).

Therefore, my intention with this discussion is to find people that have had success the exam and have had different resources to study. For example, do you have any real cases to study for? I mean, some real examples about succesful implementation of agile development with JIRA Software, with Scrum or Kanban, and why they choose one or another option. Or some real examples of reports (Cumulative Flow Diagram with bottlenecks or Version Reports with different release dates).

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Miguel.

4 comments

Comment

Nicolas Seronvalle July 11, 2017

Hi,

On which topics did you encounter the most problems? I do not have ready-to-go cases but the experience we share everyday at our company.

The specific course about Jira Administration could also help you.

Like el hasnaoui,khadija likes this
Miguel Ángel García Gómez July 12, 2017

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you very much for your response ;)

The topic I encounter the most problems is "Gather, communicate and iterate requirements". I think this is the topic which you have to have more experience rather than study. This is why I want to find real cases, how people deal with it and how solve them these problems.

As I mentioned in my comment, my difficulties are, for example, to identify, given a bussiness requirements, when to use a Scrum/Kanban board with some statuses or when change the filter/sub-filter. This is a controversial topic for me, because depends on Atlassian best practises. I suppose that there is not a guide covering all possible cases, but are there any keys about these best practises?

Another difficult topic, related with best practises and real cases, is about reports, and in particular Cumulative Flow Diagram a Version Report. For me is difficult to interpret these reports when they show "strange" information, I mean, bottlenecks in CFD or issues not estimated, done issues versus opened issues versus reopened issues, in Version Report.

So in anyone can help me with this topics, with some keys, guide or something similar, I really appreciate it ;)

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Miguel.

Nicolas Seronvalle July 12, 2017

Alright, sure practice can help with those topics.

Maybe there are some Atlassian User Groups you could participate in near your location?

If you are working in a company using Jira you could also checks with the different teams what are their needs, how it is configured and so on.

Jira also contains some sample data that you can use. Check the reports in those projects, make some modifications to the issues and check how it affects the reports.

Miguel Ángel García Gómez August 3, 2017

Hi Nicolas.

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it. However, the company in which I work is very small and it has few projects. 

I'll look up in Atlassian User Groups, as yo recommended ;)

Thanks!

Joshua Shang July 14, 2017

Hi Miguel, where are you located?  Most of our team's certified a/nd each have different experiences.  Can look to help How do we connect?

Miguel Ángel García Gómez August 3, 2017

Hi Joshua.

Sorry for the delay in my response. I'm from Madrid (Spain). If you want to connect with me, you can connect via email

Thanks a lot ;)

leha_boroda December 9, 2018

Hi, Miguel!

Do you have success with ACP-300?

Now, I am preparing for the exam and understand that the prep course does not give me full information.

How did you prepare for exam?

Miguel Ángel García Gómez December 12, 2018

Hello Alexey,

Sorry for the late reply. 

Finally I decided to move to another certification, in this case, the new ACP-600. If you are still interested in passing ACP-300, sorry but I cannot help you, because what I did for the preparation finally didn't work.

Fortunately, I pass the ACP-600 exam, and the approach to face it has been the same that I did for ACP-300. However, I believe that Atlassian is improving the courses and I think that ACP-600 is better prepared than ACP-300 and is more focused in what I call "Atlassian logic", I mean, it shows tricky situations and more real cases.

All in all, in my humble opinion, moving to ACP-600 (knowing that the topic is similar but it's not the same as ACP-300), works. And then, you can do ACP-300 with more confidence.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Miguel,

Like leha_boroda likes this
leha_boroda December 12, 2018

Thanks!

Deepak Raja M February 23, 2019

HI Miguel,

It might be pretty late to answer, however I wish I could share this information with you, Have a look at Atlassian Agile . It will be very much helpful to address ACP-300.

Thanks,

Deepak

Miguel Ángel García Gómez February 24, 2019

Hello Deepak,

Thank you very much for your response. This Atlassian Agile page seems to be new, or at least new to me, and I think it could be really helpful.

As I mentioned in other responses, I finally moved to ACP-600 and was a good solution, because I passed it ;) 

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Miguel.

Alexey_Korchagin February 24, 2019

Hello!
I tried to pass the ACP-300 and successfully pass the ACP-600.
And I will answer you that the ACP-600 and ACP-300 are quite different exams. The ACP-600 has more administration for the Jira project, and the ACP-300 has a more complicated questions about agile (teams, tasks planning, reports, etc.). :)

Deepark, thank you for Atlassian Agile. It is very interesting and really helpful :)

Thanks,

Alexey.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events